Article sourced from www.mobile-marketing-blog.net
Text messaging is the most direct way to stay in touch with your customers. Text messaging is a very personal method of communication because you can reach your customers no matter where they are or what they are doing. To build the most successful mobile marketing campaign possible, you must focus on collecting mobile numbers….the question is how will you get these numbers from your clients and customers?
– Who’s interested in learning the latest news, specials, deals, discounts, solutions, and events being offered by your business?
– Who stands to benefit by getting messages from you that are fast, timely and relevant?
– Clever ways you could collect mobile numbers by creating a campaign that is in the best interest of your target audience.
– Exciting ways to provide value for your loyal clients. For example, why not create an incentive referral program, for example when current clients refer a new client’s mobile number to you, provide a reward .
Remember anyone who can benefit from your business should be part of your mobile community.
For any resellers who would like to know how to add a business text messaging service & sms technologies to your product portfolio to start generating a revenue stream please call 01484 911 912.
To put this into perspective let’s think about how big is 5.0 billion?
- Compared to total email users – SMS is three times bigger.
- Compared to all landline telephones? SMS is 4 times bigger.
- Compared to Facebook? Over 5 times bigger.
Want to know more? Read the rest of this blog post here.
Starburst’s created “More Juice More Burst” campaign to engage teens by using their cell phones to text a unique promotional short code found under specially marked packs of Starburst Fruit Chews. Using the code J-U-I-C-Y (58429) across any cell phone carrier, and online at starburst.com, users can find out instantly via a return message if they’ve won juiced-up technology prizes like a 42-inch flat-screen TV, i-Pod Photo and more.
With more than 60 million on-pack impressions, the Starburst Brand More Juice for More Burst contest was, at the time, the largest short-code, cross-carrier campaign for a consumer product goods company in U.S. history. Using packaging to drive the promotion, the company reports that online daily visits have nearly doubled since its April debut. Text messaging has accounted for 40 percent more traffic than anticipated.
Has this post given you any ideas for creating your own SMS marketing campaign. If so, get in touch with our SMileS team to learn about the different campaigns you could run and information on our pricing rates.
As smartphone addiction takes over the UK businesses identify the opportunity of using SMS marketing software
The BlackBerry has been jokingly referred to as the “CrackBerry” for some time – now new evidence has emerged of how smartphone “addiction” is affecting the way we behave in Britain.
Research for Ofcom has shown more than a third of adults and a majority of teenagers classify themselves as highly addicted to their smartphone including devices such as the iPhone, BlackBerry and Android phones.
Smartphone owners are more likely to have their phones switched on 24 hours a day and are more inclined to flout requests to switch the devices off in cinemas and theatres than regular mobile phone users, the report for the communications regulator found.
Read the rest of this entry