After weeks of prepping for the event, sorting out our stand and tweeting all about it….the biggest conference in the North was finally upon us, The Yorkshire Mafia Conference.
The conference was held at the Royal Armouires in Leeds on the 21st and 22nd of March. As soon as we arrived at the event the atmosphere had a really buzz and everyone was full of enthusiasm for what the two day conference had in store. With around 150 businesses exhibiting at the conference, over 3000 delegates expected over the two days and an exciting seminar list the event was set to be a great networking event for all involved full of opportunities and prospects.
We were exhibiting at the conference in the Armouries Hall on stand 8. We’d already set up our stand on Tuesday afternoon so only had a few last minute things to do to get our stand ready, however our trusty Touch Tower which we take along to all conferences blew the screen just before the conference started. It tripped all the electric on our side of the conference hall, leaving many of the stands without electricity. Although the Touch Tower was still a good attraction to have at our stand we couldn’t manage to fix it to load our presentation about our products and services, plus we had lists of memorable geographical numbers which where for sale and available on the day.
It was a fantastic location for our stand as we were right next to the entrance for the seminars being held in the Bury Theatre, which meant we had a good flow of traffic passing by our stand throughout the two days. If you want to know more about what was going on at our stand visit our previous blog post – ‘Why you should visit us at Stand 8 at The Yorkshire Mafia Conference.’ Read the rest of this entry
The Yorkshire Mafia conference 2012 will be held on Wednesday 21st March – Thursday 22nd March 2012.
They plan for this conference to be even bigger and better than their last conference. It will include;
- A large networking area in each hall
- 161 exhibition stands
- Fantastic data capture available for all exhibitors
- Over 3000 delegates
- A range of sponsorship and exhibition packages are available to enable enhanced presence on the day and throughout the year
- The Billion Dollar Pannel. The Billion Pound Panel was initially conceived as a Q&A panel of business people who had collectively generated businesses valued at over £1billion. By the time of the conference we’d gathered together £4.1billion of expertise and brought together, on one stage, some of the most successful business people Yorkshire has ever produced: Lord Kirkham CVO, Lawrence Tomlinson, Dean Hoyle, Gary Verity, James Sommerville and Ajaz Ahmed.
- 2 full days of equally weighted seminar programmes
- To find out more about the conference visit
To find out more about the YMC 2012, register as a delegate or get more details about exhibiting visit The Yorkshire Mafia Wesbite